Nancy Gurl, a place of boredom and wonder!

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Munich

I thought this movie was horrible. I understand that in any movie where the objective is to rebuild a sequence of actual events that there will be definite sides the producer and the camera are going to drift toward. Um....
While it was important to revisit the terrible time during the Olympics where the Isreali swimming(I think) team was killed by a radical group of young Palestinians, I do think we should have received some history as to what brought us to this event. We see none of this. The movie is so violent and its entire focus is the the retaliation and death of the Palestinian group. 3 hours of shooting made me want to slit my wrists(sorry)
I just didn't leave the theatre with an even basic understanding of what had happened during this time. I just was too sad and really dare I say, bored from the entire picture. Violence and boredom.

1 Comments:

  • I'm a little surprised that this is the movie you decided to write about...I think you should have commented about another flick we caught!! :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home