Nancy Gurl, a place of boredom and wonder!

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

I am beautiful


I hate it when people at my office come up to me and ask me if I have a meeting or an interview just because I woke up today and decided to make myself look like I do when I am not in this god forsaken place.

"Wow, you look nice today--meeting with a client?"

"Why are you so dressed up today?"

"Going on an interview"

I effin hate insulting comments disguised as compliments. Like I am less than you because I refuse to conform to corporate, monchromatic clothing. That I dont always wear pointy shoes or iron my hair pin straight for work. That I would rather spend my free time laughing with friends and going to do fun things rather than iron, or pick and outfit out for my cubicle life.


"Why do you look so nice today?

Why? Because I am fucking beautiful that's why. And this is what happens when I decide shower. Okay? I blow you and your Banana Republic ass out of the water!!!!!!!!! Now, go back to J. Crew and leave me alone.

3 Comments:

  • you ARE beautiful! in my family we call those backhanded compliments as in when my grandmother tells my mom "she was even fatter than you, andrea!" haha

    By Blogger Randi, at 10:04 PM  

  • You are beautiful. You know why? Because I don't have ugly friends. And BTW I love that picture, that phone is how I met not my Jim...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:42 PM  

  • That's right girl! Let them know. I get that bullshit too. Everytime I wear something that isn't black.

    It's like what am I supposed to give you a tongue bath because you gave me a half-ass compliment? No I don't have an interview, I'm a hot bitch.

    That's gonna be my response from here on out. Feel free to borrow it if needed :)

    By Blogger Max, at 9:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home