Nancy Gurl, a place of boredom and wonder!

Thursday, March 09, 2006

Busy Signal

I think lately, that's the best way to describe how I am feeling. It's like I am always FRANTICALLY trying to get things accomplished (tasks, life, goals, etc) and I become so entrenched in attaining these goals/tasks/things that I keep myself up at night, straight up, worrying and never once patting myself on the back when things do actually go right.

Jim and I finally booked our honeymoon. I vacation, that honestly, neither one of us have ever had a chance to take. 2 full weeks in Hawaii, on gorgeous islands and in sick hotels. Just him and I (sorry Osc). I should be more excited about this than anything in the world and then I think--How can I go to Hawaii with all of this weight on my body? How are my arms going to look in that wedding dress? Will people have a good time at our wedding and if they don't will our honeymoon be shadowed by my disappointment?

Me who used to be the CHILLEST person I know, has become a frantic bride!!! I should be basking in engagment-hood, but yet I find myself worrying about crossing things off life's endless list.
I have no right to have a "whoa is me" attitude, I marrying the love of my life, living in the greatest city in the world, having the best possible people around me that I can call my friends.
Right?

As I race to make another call on my Thursday's To-do list (can it be March already?) I am prevented by another busy signal. Maybe that signal is me.

4 Comments:

  • If you need anything you know you can ask me to help...

    Who is watching Oscar when you are on this 2 week Honeymoon? Ok, you can ask me for anything except for that...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:54 PM  

  • You look PHENOMENAL. I'd give one of my kidneys to have your body.

    By Blogger Randi, at 5:26 PM  

  • you really do have a killer bod kid, and i've seen you very recently.

    1) everyone (including you) is going to have a great time at your wedding!

    2) you won't be thinking about anyone but you and your man on your honeymoon and that is how it should be. (i can promise you that!)

    3) hawaii. is. so. beautiful.

    By Blogger Coodence, at 6:26 PM  

  • Dude! You will be a beautiful bride hands down. You are in fantastic shape. I just wish I didn't look like a sack of flour in my gown, but whatevs.

    It's just a big old party right? Right?! From one harried Bride-to-Be to another, just remember to keep your eyes on the prize :)

    By Blogger Max, at 8:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home