Nancy Gurl, a place of boredom and wonder!

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Oxford, you say.......


Well anyone who knows me will tell you that my fashion sense could probably best be described as Slob Snob. I love nice things, but love comfortable things even more. For many years, I have been aggressively fighting Corporate garb, as I do not want to resemble the souless slime that I am forced to share my workweeks. I have successfully boycotted the Oxford shirt until now.

Truthfully, the button-down goes against everything Nancy gurl believes in. UGLY, uncomfortable and ugly, this shirt is by far something I never wanted in my wardrobe. In elementary school and high school, I wore one of these babies DAY AFTER DAY. I hate things tucked in. I hate collars. And I certainly hate buttons.
Yesterday, I finally crapped out and purchased one. Point and laugh if you see me rocking it.

3 Comments:

  • I'm the same way about a polo shirt or a short-sleeve button down. 12 years of Catholic school uniforms be damned! I will wear you no more!

    By Blogger Randi, at 12:15 PM  

  • And what occasion is approaching that you might need this? Let me know so I can miss it...
    Thanks

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:35 PM  

  • I will be sure to do my pointing and laughing when I see you.

    By Blogger Max, at 9:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home