Nancy Gurl, a place of boredom and wonder!

Friday, February 10, 2006

RANT: I need to win the lotto--FAST

If you know anything about me, you know I tend to become easily obsessed with a project, or thing, or activity or website, etc. So planning a wedding was really an EXCELLENT way for me to go clinical. So many logistics take over your life, simple decisions that in otherwise everyday would take minutes, now in wedding-mode can take months.
I speak to so many brides who LOVE to plan their wedding--me, I DO NOT LOVE IT. I want to be married already and be on a beach kissing and drinking in celebration.

For example: I love to go on vacation, I love to go and research hotels (My absolute favorite thing) and book a holiday and get a super deal and move along. Planning my honeymoon, which the wedding industry presents as "My most important vacation ever" has made me a little fanatical. All I do is go to websites, looking, searching, researching, dwelling on places in Hawaii for Jim and I to go. I have 6 travel agents on call waiting to book my "dream" vacation. I look and relook at these hotels and islands. Finalizing my decision and then changing it. I wake up dreaming about these logistics......
Tripadvisor.com, Travel and Leisure, Expedia, Hilton, Fairmont, Hyatt, Sheraton have now replaced craigslist, Liweddings, bored.com, snopes.com, weightwatchers, new yorker.com careerbuilder.com----EVERYTHING

Bottom line is this is a rant. I do not want to spend $10K on my 2-week vacation. Its ubsurd, its unfair and its cruel. And I wont do it.
If you are sleeping with a travel agent, please give him my number.
thank you

2 Comments:

  • Sometimes sex in a $20 motel room can be just as fun as in a resort. Not that I know from experience... er... Just know wherever you 2 go, love will be right alongside you so it's gonna be fantastic regardless.

    By Blogger Randi, at 11:44 AM  

  • Yo, I feel you on that. I'll send you link to a site that's less retarded.

    By Blogger Max, at 4:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home