Nancy Gurl, a place of boredom and wonder!

Thursday, February 09, 2006

You Have No Idea

How much I hate mushrooms. I think culinary shops need to have a sign up when they decide to throw mushrooms in dishes where mushrooms don't live and/or have never resided before.

Here I am, woman of health, trying to be healthful--I go and pick up a small lentil soup at an organic place off of Wall St. So excited about my delicious treat (I LOVE lentil soup), I come back to my shitty job, and open the steamy delicious cup. What is swimming in my soup?

FUNGUS!

Mushrooms don't belong in my soup.
Mushrooms are gross
They are slimey
I hate them

Now I have a cold cup of gross mush mushrooms.

3 Comments:

  • You and my mother... for the longest time I despised mushrooms because of her. Now? I eat 'em up like nothing. Know why? Cuz they have no taste.

    By Blogger Randi, at 1:31 PM  

  • I hated them too. I hated them because in Home Economics in 6th grade for some reason I had to wash mushrooms. They were so slimy I swore to myself that I would never, ever eat them. Today, although I still won't wash them or touch them but if they happen to be in something I am eating, I eat them. Because Randi is right, they don't taste like anything...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:20 PM  

  • Actually the real question is, how does someone love lentil soup in capital letters?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home