Nancy Gurl, a place of boredom and wonder!

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Thanks Easter Bunny

Remember that M&M commerical we watched as kids? Every snot nose kid screamed and wailed into the camera 'Thank you Easter Bunny!' as they shoved m&m's down their throats. I remember when Easter was a simpler time. When candy and baskets and getting new shoes and a dress meant summer was just around the corner. When hope for what Spring brought to us was infinite. Finding eggs with my cousins on Gramma's lawn are memories frozen in time, people.

To me, Easter doesn't feel the same nowadays. Easter is now about baked ham and apple sauce. It's about my dear mother complaining about cooking for 30 people she quite frankly, dislikes. It's about me wondering why I just couldn't go to Miami on this fine weekend. Easter lost its clout that made it competitive to XMas. Maybe it's Global warming that changed our minds on Easter. Maybe no one cares.

I still love the smell of new shoes though. Maybe that's Easter.

1 Comments:

  • Easter also brings us Cadbury Mini and Creme Eggs. Don't forget the Lion that makes the "bwok" noise like a chicken...

    By Blogger Randi, at 6:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home