Nancy Gurl, a place of boredom and wonder!

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

If you think about it, fingernails are really gross

My family has horses and a few weeks back I watched the trainer change my horse, Harry's shoes. Like our own fingernails, horses and a similar cartilage on their feet, much thicker of course, but all the same. The shoes are actually nailed into their nails and it doesn't really hurt them. I think nails are really a gross material. Here we have this very much dead component growing. As a active nail biter, I eat my nails. I am trying to break this habit, but its rough. Hence the gross part. Harry doesn't bite his nails, he eats wood though.

4 Comments:

  • If that doesn't stop you from biting your nails...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:31 AM  

  • now that my thumb nail is no longer with my i'm much more appreciative of it. sure, it's dead. but it's a tool and a protective barrier to the very sensitive finger flesh below.

    By Blogger Randi, at 12:45 PM  

  • lol-gross but true, fingernails are gross. I bet my manicurist doesnt think so tho, I pay her a lot of $$$ same for my farrier~

    By Blogger BarnGoddess_01, at 1:35 PM  

  • Did you know that jello and marshmellows are also made out of horse hoofs? Gross.

    Don't bite your nails!!!

    By Blogger Coodence, at 3:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home