Nancy Gurl, a place of boredom and wonder!

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Let the good times ROLL

I love that Memorial Day has decided to knock on my door and surprise my ass. I thought it was the Sushi I just ordered. I never would have buzzed you in had I known!!!!!!! Summer is here people. Get out the wax, clean yourselves up, stop eating pretzels and get off the couch!!!!!!

Summer reminds me of the following things.

It's really amazing that what stays with us; what is the foundation of who we become and who we are all stems from childhood. When you think about it, children are in essence, the shapers of the adult, the CEO of your body if you will. When you see a child today they are deep in progress on the formulation of some adult. CRAZY. So much smarter than us. Anyway the List.

Summer reminds me of:
  • the Mister Softee song
  • flip flops
  • the smell of fresh grass just mowed
  • BAR BE QUE
  • sand in my underwear
  • live music played outdoors
  • the color of beautiful skin all sun-kissed
  • the smell of sun tan lotion
  • babies in those cute big hats
  • late nights in the sun
  • long walks
  • frozen beverages
  • my ass sitting by some pool

Ah........

Summer, I am almost ready.....Just give me on second