Nancy Gurl, a place of boredom and wonder!

Thursday, May 25, 2006

My Last Day

So this is it, I guess. My last day at a job I have been at for almost 6 years. 6 years. I haven't done anything for 6 years in my whole life. I don't think leaving here has hit me yet, but it is starting to. It's weird bc for so long all I wanted to do was leave. I am super happy about the new cool job, but I do feel a little aprehensive about it all. I am not yet sad yet, well maybe just a little.

As I look back on these past 6 years, I think about all that has happened in my life and all the changes I went through as it occured. In six years I have lived in 3 different places (four if you count my houdini brooklyn apartment). Both of my roommates in the past six years have been male and I love them both dearly. I have had 3cats and 1dog . I have been to Boston, Austin, Miami, Michigan, Chicago, Arizona, NJ, Virginia, DC and Hop Bottom Pennsylvania. I have had 3 boyfriends and one fiance. I have made about 30 new friends and lost 6 in that time. I have broken two bones. I have gotten my second degree. I have drank 1000 bottles of wine, many of which occured during the best times of my life. I have rented a house in the Hamptons and once lived the high life. Durning the past 6 years I have experienced both sides of money: a time when it was endless and a time when it clearly came to an end.

Looking back, I have to wonder whose lives I have affected, ruined, enlightened....Those I have made laugh and cry. Those who have done the same to me. It's here I realize I am truly blessed. And as I leave this chapter of my life, I know that I have no regrets. I enjoyed every minute of it.

5 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home